Pages

You like us! You really like us!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

How to Fail at Blogging

Heeewly crap, have I ever dropped the ball on this blogging thing!! I claim to be busy (but really am no busier than anyone else with 2 kids and a full time job) so I have no excuse other than… well, I never remember to update the dang thing! Rather, I sometimes remember, but it is usually at the most inopportune moment – in the shower, restroom at work, while taking the dog out for a midnight pee – mostly because those are the only times I ever have enough peace and quiet to take 3 seconds to myself to stop and think for a moment.


I feel like I should backtrack a few months (like while I still have a vague recollection of the memory) and record some of these “moments in family history” because I also suck at keeping up my kids’ scrapbooks. I’ve been good about capturing events on camera, both still and video. But I want a detailed description to remember this stuff to dig up when they’re 16 and it will thoroughly embarrass them. A friend of mine keeps up her blog, about 2-3 times a week, as sortof a journal of the day-to-day stuff her family does. She then sends it to a publisher and gets a book printed up for each year she’s blogged. It is so cool seeing how her kids have grown, and how their lives have changed since she started. While I might not have that kind of dedication, I really want to do better by the kiddos and start documenting more embarrassing fodder for their teen years. As if having us as parents wouldn’t be damaging enough…

So I’m going to do just that: back up a couple months, to a simpler time. A time when my son wasn’t crawling up the couch and hitting his sister as if it were his day job. A time when soccer games and gymnastic nights gave my daughter something to do besides whine about how “booooring” it is at home when she doesn’t get to have any friends come over and play.

Besides: it’s my blog, dammit, and I’ll do what I want.

1 comment:

kimberlie said...

i HEAR ya... prior to kids, i would scrapbook ALL the time -- about what, i'm not so sure.... Now, each kid is just lucky to have me plop their achievements in the correct pile that i've dedicated to someday put in their scrapbook...