Pages

You like us! You really like us!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TIME MACHINE TUESDAY: First Steps and the Floppy Floor Flinger

Chapter 3...

For our third installment of TMT, we shall journey back to a time of peace and tranquility in our humble home.  A time when baby-proofing meant making sure nothing breakable was left on the floor.  Our home was full of the cuddling and serenity that those charming, darling babies tend to bring to their families.  (Or lull them into a sense of false security?)  Then one day, my sweet baby boy -- on those wobbly, chubby, 10-month-old legs -- learned to take his first steps.  In that moment he officially went from "infant" to "toddler".  Such a precious moment, one that seemed to pass far too quickly...


Fast forward four short months.  No more sitting and cuddling for that little boy.  Gentle exploration has turned to tornadic activity.  Quiet babbling has turned to hollering.  Toddling has turned to full-out running. And the sweet tempered little angel I frequently snuggled with not so long ago has now mastered the art of throwing tantrums.  Big ones.  Grandma Deb informs me this is known as the "Franzen Fit".  And I thought my family members were the ones with the melodramatic tendencies.

Last weekend, Mama and Lil' Man were home alone while Daddy and Big Sister went to a wedding in WYO.  Baby missed his sissy BIG TIME, and repeatedly called her name and searched the house for her.  Sweetest thing ever! (odd too, because when the two are together, we have a bit of the sibling love/hate thing going!)  In this clip, he had been calling down the stairs (he yells "Aaaatha" down the steps, perhaps suspecting she had just been downstairs playing with her doll house this whole time?) when he finally came and grabbed my hand, apparently plotting to get me to take him outside in search of his beloved big sister.  When he figured out I wasn't going to take him out... pandemonium!!!  This normally sweet and docile little dude can throw a tantrum like no other child I've ever seen.  Here is a brief demonstration, complete with a little number we like to call "The Floppy Floor Flinger", with a little "Rattle the Cage" action for good measure.  Impressive.



Until next time (as Lil' Man says) "Bah-Bye"!!

2 comments:

kimberlie said...

Not to belittle your Franzen Fit, but that seemed pretty tame!! (I swear i'm not trying to pick a fight West Side Story style) I did truly enjoy the Floppy Floor Flinger though, and had to send this on to my coworkers... :)

Shanna said...

Haha, true I suppose. His sister is far more dramatic with her version of The Fit, but much less destructive. I think my bigger concern is that at only 15 months, we have a ways to go before the Terrible Twos strike. He has a good head start on The Fit, he can only perfect the art as he ages. I am very afraid...
PS, the thought of a West Side Story dance off is intriguing... *snaps fingers*