Pages

You like us! You really like us!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Three French Hens (St. Jude's Ranch Recycled Card Program)

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me….

THREE FRENCH HENS

Here's a couple of super-easy ones for you today. Cuz I don't  know about you, but at this moment, I am in desperate need of super-easy!

The kids have felt crummy this week, and as a result I didn't get done what I wanted to get done in preparation for the trip. Between the sickies and my "Seasonal ADD" (which is just my average run-of-the-mill ADD multiplied by about 3 million because of all the extra stuff I feel the need to do at Christmas time), I didn't think it was going to happen.

But I managed to squeak out a 'win' at the last moment… we are packed and ready to rock n' roll. In mere minutes we will be hitting I-94 West and soon, "We'll be home for Christmas." 5 1/2 hours (and that's on a fair weather day with no potty stops) in the Incredible Shrinking Car with 2 wound-up kids and 1 excited dog and 1 cranky husband and 1 stressed out Mom and 397,000 gifts and an array of other crap that we may or may not need over the next 6 days. The trunk is so full I actually had to sit on it to get it to latch. I'm not even kidding, I seriously had to do that. Good thing I had a couple extra Christmas treats this week, because I needed the extra weight to get it closed!

But when we get there…. Aaaaahhh. Christmas will have officially arrived. I'm sure my folks will be up waiting for us, Mom will probably have some food sitting out for us ('just in case') and we'll be ready to kick of the holiday celebration. And we are EXCITED! So the next time I post, it will be from my parents home, probably written in my PJ's and drinking Bailey's & coffee while my folks work on spoiling the kids and feeding us until we need to be rolled out of there in a wheelbarrow after Christmas Day.

So in a matter of a few hours, I got all packed, wrapped & rounded up the gifts, and finished up my last couple Christmas cards. A great way to keep in touch with friends and family across the globe. One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is going to the mailbox and finding ACTUAL MAIL, from folks that I may not keep in touch with as often as I'd like, but I certainly love hearing from nonetheless and enjoy seeing what they've been up to the past year.

Which reminds me, I'd like to send out a very special thank you to a dear friend who had a fantastic suggestion for a donation that is 'super-easy', because like I said, sometimes we all need a little "easy" amidst the hectic rush that Christmas can be. We need to take a little break and remember what Christmas is all about. To calm down and count our blessings. So thanks Georgia, for reminding me of that!

You can save the greeting cards you receive at Christmas and pass them along to the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. They 'reuse' them by creating new cards which are then sold and the proceeds go to their very worthy charity. It's a VERY quick & easy thing to put on your "to-do list" that can make a big difference to lots of abused & neglected kids who really need a program like St. Jude's Ranch in their lives.

So though my project for today may just have to be done after these 12 Days of Christmas have already passed, I'll be rounding up all the beautiful greeting cards and sending them to:

St. JUDE'S RANCH
Recycled Card Program
100 St. Jude's Street
Boulder City, NV 89005
http://www.stjudesranch.org/help_card.php


See ya on the flip side (aka, North Lemmon!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Have fun with your family. Wish we were spending it together singing Christmas carols and drinking punch. Hi to the folks from us.