Pages

You like us! You really like us!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My New Office Digs

Just a quick little post on this busy week...

Things I love about my new office building:

1.  Look at this view! I know, I know, it's only overlooking a field/parking lot, but still -- an office with a window!! Woohoo! Now I can see all the turkeys wandering around out there.



2.  I have 'floating' computer screens. Ooooh, neeeeat. And a cool 'floating barn door' that I can pull shut so I don't have to listen to Mr. McWindbag at the end of the hall all day long.

3. I'm way closer to the Coffee bar.

One of my many vices.
 4.  Better parking.

5.  They have Choco Tacos in the vending machine!


Things I hate about my new office building:


1.  They have Choco Tacos in the vending machine!

2.  The floors are hollow (to accommodate the wiring and heating systems underneath). Which, when combined with the aforementioned item, makes for that thundering elephant sound when walking. I try to tiptoe when I need to migrate but that just looks ridiculous.

3.  It's FREEZING in here. As in, it's so cold my "mouse-hand" (aka, "the one I'm not sitting on") is cramping up and I can't feel my toes. Maybe it's due to the windows? [Meh, I still like 'em.] So I'm gettin' a Snuggie. I don't care what you say about them, I need one. And dammit, I will look awesome in my Snuggie while tiptoeing through the building, with a Choco Taco in one hand and a 16-oz latte in the other...

My new "home away from home".  It's still tidy, I haven't really had a chance to mess it up yet.

T-minus 7 days to Turkey Day! Wishing you all a very happy holiday, and safe travels for those of you venturing out and about.

1 comment:

kimberlie said...

Dear Shanna,

The inquisitive minds at NAVTEQ (yes, all caps like we are yelling) just HAVE to know the following:

1) What is this "barn door" contraption you are talking about?

2) Do you share your workspace with other people?

3) We are happy to see wires on your desk. We have LOTS of wires at NT and have always pondered what it's like to work at MS. Please take a picture of underneath your desk so that we may perform a full comparison.

4) helpful hint: I have found that fingerless gloves are quite handy, coupled with a fleece throw.