Pages

You like us! You really like us!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall Photos

We have had the most beautiful fall here.  With temps in the 70's and 80's of late, it seems like summer has taken pity on us and stuck around a bit longer than it was scheduled to.  We have spent a ton of time outside the past few weeks because of the nice weather, and have had a few opportunities to get some quick shots of our little neighborhood in its fall colors.  I never really think about our town being particularly "scenic" (especially after moving from a place like Deadwood!) but there are actually some really beautiful parts of town!  With the towering Cottonwoods and American Elms that criss-cross to form tunnels down some of the residential streets, and the lush green grass (that still needs mowing!) there are some really photogenic neighborhoods around here that previously went unappreciated by yours truly.

I don't claim to be much of a landscape photographer at all, but here are just some of the little gems taken in our neighborhood... most in our own backyard!


Canopy of tree branches with the evening light shining through.


I'm no botanist, so I'd have no idea what types of leaves these are. 
But their striking deep red color really caught my eye!


Every fall, the trees the south side of the street lose their leaves long before those on the north side!  Strange...


I loved the way the light was peeking through these huge tree trunks in between our neighbors' houses.

Ok, I can't claim this gorgeous backyard -- it belongs to our neighbor. 
But I do get the pleasure of looking at it every day!  Lucky me!!

Enjoying the beautiful weather by roughhousing in the leaf pile Daddy made!

No comments: