Pages

You like us! You really like us!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

No Mo' Ugly Flo'

It's done! It's done! It's done!  (can you tell I'm excited!?)  No more awful white carpet!! 

The installation started on Monday, finished on Friday.  It was a somewhat hellish week in-between, as we lived amidst sawdust and displaced furniture.  My cheapskate self decided it was worth saving the $250 they were going to charge to move our furniture, so we (we = mostly Jordan) just moved it ourselves.  Great idea.  Not exhausting at all, and not in the least bit inconvenient to have the entire contents of one's home piled into the living room...

The kitchen, dining room, and upper landing were done in a scraped hardwood laminate.  We had a little "surprise" under the ugly white linoleum that was in the kitchen:  ugly harvest gold lineoleum.  Hilarious.  I had to take a pic, just for posterity.

Eww. (before)
 
And after (that's better!)
The sunken living room, upper stairs, hallway, & 3 bedrooms were done in a flecked, soft, neutral, dark "brown-ish" carpet.

Living room... before (I can't believe how little that baby is!!)

Living room (from the opposite angle) after.

standing in the dining room

facing the dining room/living room


And the end result is gorgeous, if I do say so myself!  Very happy with the installers, and the outcome is beautifully low-maintenance!  I love:
1) not having to vaccuum under the dining room table after each meal (yup, the dining room was previously CARPETED).
2) not having to *attempt* to sweep the super high-gloss, show-everything stark-white kitchen linoleum.
3) not having to follow the children and/or the dog around with the spot cleaner
4) not having to get the carpets shampoo'ed every 6 weeks
5) not having to look at that stained, ugly, old-lady, again-with-the-white carpet!


Noah's room (for "before" pic, see my post from a couple weeks ago)

Asha's room - after.
Our room - after (cleanest this place has been since we moved in!)
And now, I'm headed right there... off to bed!  Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Now that is what home renovation is all about. Completion!

On another note, thank you for your lovely supportive post, that somehow I missed (despite stalking your blog) and heard about it from your folks, who I saw this weekend (and scored some pickles and homemade tomato soup that I do not intend on sharing).

Anyway, you are pretty damn amazing yourself and I have always looked up to you, so I tip my hat for doing a kick ass job on that role model thing.

LOVE YOU and can't wait to see you soon!