Pages

You like us! You really like us!

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

TIME MACHINE TUESDAY: First Day of Preschool

TIME MACHINE... WEDNESDAY?

Okay, I know I skipped TMT yesterday, but I just had to and really do have a good reason! I wanted to save my post for a much bigger and better event: today was Miss Asha’s first day of preschool! Well, okay, let me clarify: it was not her first day ever, as she attended this same school 2 days a week last year. But this year is “seriously preschool”, as she recently informed me. She’ll attend 3 days per week this year, and has been looking forward to going for months!

Mommy and Daddy have been ready for her to go back as well. She is not the type of kid who enjoys just “hanging out” so we are looking forward to getting her engaged and learning all kinds of new things and having to sit still and listen up for more than 30 seconds at a time! But at the same time, watching her run into that classroom gave me that little twinge in my stomach… and the realization that in ONE year, she will be skipping off to a Kindergarten classroom!

The old cliché “where did the time go” just echoes over and over in my mind. It honestly seems like I was holding this beautiful little bald baby girl one moment, then I blinked and now she’s four! While I very much enjoy watching this precocious little pumpkin blossom into a bright, funny, articulate, fiesty, but sweet little girl, my heart just hurts thinking about how soon it will really be that she will be off to a bigger and even more “serious” school in about 14 years. My baby girl is growing up way too quickly! I so badly want to tell her to enjoy being little for as long as she possibly can. To make sure she will relish the moments where her only cares are which Barbie to play with, or what crayon to select. To appreciate that most of her stress stems from getting put into timeout for sassing her parents, or from her little brother messing up her room. But like all of us, she has to learn these things on her own. These are the things that will make her the Asha she is destined to be. I love the person she is becoming, and can’t wait to be with her every step of the way, whether behind her or beside her.

So here’s to you, my lovely Miss Asha, and to the many milestones you will undoubtedly achieve in your life. I am so proud of you and love you more than you could ever imagine possible!
Love this one -- BTW, her shirt says "Nerdy Chicks Rule". 
She picked it just for Mommy (*melt*).
Miss Thang and her diva pose
Showing off her iCarly book bag. 
Apparently, backpacks are not cool anymore?  Guess
I need to brush up on what's "cool" these days.  Jeesh.
Daddy gets a smooch before we head out the door.  SUCH a Daddy's girl!
"Mooom! Enough pictures!"  (I can't help it,
it's genetically programmed - I blame Kerry!)
Brynn & Asha before school started. 
Best buddies!
Posing in front of the school, such big girls!
One more pose to appease her camera-happy Mom.
After preschool ended for the afternoon, we decided that we should start a "first-day-of-school" tradition:  we had us a little girls day out! We try to do this from time to time anyway, so this just seemed like the perfect excuse for it.  We headed to our favorite bakery near our house and picked out the biggest, prettiest cookies (shaped like a princess tiara of course!).  After our snack, we hit the nail salon for a mini mani-pedi for Ash (just a manicure for Mommy, I am not so much a fan of pedicures! They weird me out) and then had dinner together (Asha's choice, she picked the food court at the mall!  Ha!  How fancy!)  It was such a fun way to kindof celebrate a milestone, and spend some really great time together.

Ladies Night!
Showing off our pretty nails
Silly goober -- but aww, those gorgeous baby blues!
My best friend.  I love you Asha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our baby girl is growing up :) Her outfit and poses KILL me.

P.S. your haircut is adorable.

kimberlie said...

[sniffle sniffle] It definitely was a bittersweet day yesterday!! It almost makes me want to have another one... ALMOST. Asha is very photogenic :)

Unknown said...

Ah Shan! You have such a way of putting into words what so many of us are thinking! Thanks for that!

And I cannot even begin to tell you the laughter that picture number 2 brought me! If she is not her mother's child!!! What a little ham!

She's adorable and I love her! Thanks for sharing! Let's get together soon!

Love ya!
Erica