Pages

You like us! You really like us!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy First Birthday, Noah!

One year ago today (at exactly 10:24 pm!), I met an angel. A blue-eyed charmer with the cutest chin dimple you’ve ever seen, and a sweet-natured little dude who always has a smile for everyone. And I am lucky enough to be this precious little boys’ Mommy!


From the moment he entered into this world, I knew he was a fighter. The first 2 weeks of his life were pretty scary and uncertain, but he continues to prove that he is a tough little cuss and will give you hell if you cross him! They’re few and far between, but I’ve never seen a tantrum thrown quite like this kid does. At the same time he is a very gentle little old soul. He’ll sucker you in with one of his little looks, and then it’s all over!!

He’s very much a boy – while he does say a couple words, he remains a true “guy” in that he’d prefer to climb down the stairs headfirst than engage in a conversation or sit and cuddle. He is a rough and tumble kid, but he always has time for a quick snuggle too! He’s been a hugger from the start, but recently started burrowing his face into our shoulder and saying “awwww” and giving big sloppy kisses. It’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen!

Being a Mom the 2nd time around has been a whole new challenge, but I think the old saying is true: there is always enough love to go around. I have truly enjoyed watching my kids grow closer and closer since little brother arrived. He absolutely adores his big sister and his face just lights up every time he sees her. She remains the only person who can get him to stop mid-tantrum and get him to erupt into giggles. They have their own weird communication thing, and it simultaneously frightens me and pleases me to no end! These kids are amazing. Being their mom is my proudest accomplishment. As I peek in at my little blond boy sleeping (in his usual hamster-like position in the corner of his crib), I get a little choked up at the thought of him growing up so quickly. But I can’t wait to see who this little man will become and what his impact on this world will be. I suspect great things are coming his way….

Happy Birthday, Baby Boy! I’m so grateful you’re in my life.

One of his first photos....


And the birthday boy on his big day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love all of the new pictures Shanna!! We are looking forward to seeing all of you this weekend...and I'm excited to see that new deck too! Love ya!