Pages

You like us! You really like us!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A short post with a life lesson.

It's been kindof a frustrating week at the Franzen household.  Mama bear had strep, followed by some awful flu-from-hell something-or-other that kept me out of commission for 5 days.  Papa bear was a saint, keeping watch over the rowdy, ill-behaved rugrats with the worst case of cabin fever... All the while dealing with a bum back!  So while I kindof feel like I could whine & moan about that for my blog post, I won't.  Instead, I'd like to share with you a life lesson my children taught me this weekend...

Saturday night, since Mama was feeling pretty miserable, the kiddos decided they'd like to have a slumber party...in MY bed...to cheer me up.  At first I thought, "ugh, great, just what I need; a sleepless night!"  But then quickly warmed up to the idea, as I am a sucker for snuggling with my babes.  In fact, nothing in this world makes me happier than doing just that!  So we jumped in our jammies, brushed our toofers, climbed up the World's Tallest Bed (i.e., the "WTB" - it really is, it's ridiculous) piled on our favorite blankies, stuffed animals, etc., and cozied in for a good night's sleep.  Mama was exhausted, and thought maybe the monkeys were too, since they had been terrorizing the house all day long.  But sadly, I was wrong.  Giggle, giggle.  10 minutes passed.  Chatter, chatter.  Another 10 minutes.  Flip, flop, toss & turn, another 10.  Mama was about ready to boot her little snuggle bugs outta the WTB when finally, at long last... silence.  For three.  Whole. Minutes.

Then.  Out of the darkness came the sweetest, most angelic little voice:

"I got a booger!  Here'go, Asha!"

A drowsy little voice mumbled groggily, "Eww, Noah.  Just wipe it on your blankie and quit buggin' me." Then she flipped over as if nothing happened, and went right back to sleep.

I had to bury my face in the pillow to keep from giggling aloud.  And there it was.  My lesson of the week:

When life hands you a booger, just wipe it off and go back to bed.


AWESOME!!!!!!!


1 comment:

Troy said...

Shan, you never cease to make me laugh out loud, while my husband just sits and looks at me like I am crazy!! Funny, Funny, Funny!!!!!!!
~Jeannie